Exceptional Representation Customized To Fulfill The Unique Needs Of Your Family

  1. Home
  2.  — 
  3. Child Support And Spousal Maintenance
  4.  — What Are Modification And Enforcement Actions

Assisting With Post-Judgment Arrangements

There are several vital factors that need addressed in order to finalize divorce proceedings. Property must be divided, child support and alimony awards are determined, and schedules for spending time with the children must be arranged. Once these allocations are in place, your family can move forward with your new way of life. At Conlon, McGlynn & McCann we understand that life doesn’t always go as planned and that there are some circumstances that may necessitate a change in your divorce decree. With over 60 years of combined experience, we assist our clients with the pursuit of modification and enforcement actions.

Addressing Your Modification Needs

Whether your life shifts for the better, or you’ve had a setback that causes a significant change in your circumstances, we can fight for an alteration to your divorce decree through post-judgment proceedings. Whether you are or your ex-spouse is relocating, have had a change in income or your child’s needs have changed, our attorneys will examine your situation, formulate a detailed strategy and fight for a modification to your current agreements.

If you need to adjust custody status, spousal support length or a child support award, our skilled team can assist you.

Committed To Fighting For Enforcement

Your divorce decree and its provisions are legally binding. If one party refuses to abide by the terms, compliance can be forced through different methods. Our lawyers will explore the various remedies available in order to determine which action is most appropriate to rectify the issue.

In the case of delinquency, there are several actions that we can consider. Some of these actions include:

  • Wage garnishment
  • Property lien
  • Income tax offset
  • License suspensions
  • Contempt charges

What Are Modification And Enforcement Actions?

If you have had a change in circumstances or if your ex is not abiding by the provisions of your divorce decree, contact our family law attorneys today. Call our Westport office at 203-222-8686 to set up a consultation with our team. We proudly serve families throughout Fairfield County in Connecticut.