Exceptional Representation Customized To Fulfill The Unique Needs Of Your Family

  1. Home
  2.  — 
  3. Child Custody And Parenting Time
  4.  — Grandparents’ Rights

Protecting Your Role In Your Grandchildren’s Lives

In a perfect world, nothing would keep you from being a loving and regular presence in your grandchildren’s lives – not even your child’s divorce or separation. Unfortunately, if your relationship with their custodial parent is strained, you may have a hard time seeing your grandkids. You may be facing the sad possibility of spending holidays, birthdays and other events without them.

If your grandchildren’s parent is refusing to let you spend time with them, you can take legal action to fight for visitation rights. At Conlon, McGlynn & McCann, our group of attorneys has more than 60 years of experience in family law. We regularly help clients with complex child custody matters, including grandparents.

Unlike your grandchild’s parents, you do not automatically have a say in which relatives get to spend time with the kids, or when. However, Connecticut law does give you the right to seek visitation rights in court. If you are successful, the judge will issue a legally enforceable court order giving you visitation time with your grandchildren.

Proving Your Rights As A Grandparent

To make your case, one of our experienced lawyers will show the court how central you have been in your grandchildren’s lives. For example, the more you have done things like the following, the stronger your case will be:

  • Babysat them
  • Lived in the same household
  • Provided financial support
  • Bonded emotionally with them

You must also show how the parent’s interference with your relationship is harming your grandkids. Most of all, visitation time with your grandchildren must be in the kids’ best interests.

We understand how difficult it is for you not being able to be with your grandchildren. We will treat your case with compassion and personalize our strategy to fit your family.

Guarantee Your Bond With Your Grandchildren Will Never Break

Schedule a legal consultation with one of our attorneys about grandparents’ rights. Call our Westport office at 203-222-8686 to make an appointment. Our clients come from throughout western Connecticut, including Fairfield County.