Jacquelyn Conlon is a founding member and partner at Conlon & McGlynn, LLC. She has practiced law for over 25 years in the fields of insurance defense, commercial litigation, probate litigation and family law. She has practiced family law in Fairfield County and throughout Connecticut since 1997. She has extensive experience in all aspects of family and matrimonial law, including prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, custody and child support, divorce, alimony and distribution of assets. She works with a variety of experts from business appraisers to custody evaluators. Jackie is also a Guardian Ad Litem and can be appointed by the court as an Attorney for the Minor Child or as a Guardian Ad Litem in difficult custody cases.
Jackie's practice is "child-centered", and she works to ensure the family is not destroyed during the divorce process. While she is a trial lawyer at heart, she knows that the court system should only be used as a last resort. Jackie is adept at negotiating fair settlements and mediating cases, as well as litigating cases.
Jackie is a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, an organization which provides leadership to promote the highest degree of professionalism and excellence in the practice of family law. She teaches at the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, and has been named a "Super Lawyer", and one of the Top Attorneys in Connecticut and New England. Jackie has been a member of the CBA executive committee since 2009 and is the former co-chair of the Fairfield County Bar Association, Family Law Section. She is also a member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association.
Jackie has authored a chapter in A Practical Guide to Connecticut Divorce, MCLE 2014 & 2018, Use of Expert Witnesses. She is well respected among her peers and has presented at various seminars in Connecticut and abroad. Additionally, other attorneys have asked Jackie to serve as a private mediator for their clients.
Jackie is very active in her community and volunteers for Pink Aid, American Lab Rescue and the Connecticut Veterans Legal Center.
Classes & Seminars
- Teaches at NITA (National Institute of Trial Advocacy)
- Moderator ABA Family Law Seminar 2014
- A Practical Guide to Connecticut Divorce, MCLE, Use of Expert Witnesses, Author, 2014
- Prior Chair of FCBA Family Law Section 2007-2011
- Executive Committee CBA Family Law Section 2014-Present
- Legislative Liaison CBA Family Law Section 2014-2015
- Legislative Committee CBA Family Law Section 2009-2012, 2014-Present
- Special Master Bridgeport and Stamford
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Family Law
- Divorce / Marital Separation
- Child Support
- Parenting Plans
- Child Custody
- Domestic Violence
- Premarital Agreements
- Postmarital Agreements
- Relocation Cases
- Post-Judgment Modifications
- Property Division
- Enforcement and Contempt Actions
- Mediation / Mediation Review Litigation
- Post-Judgment Litigation and Negotiation
- Super Lawyers 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021
- Top Lawyers in NE 2014
- Top Attorneys in CT 2015
- National Advocates Top 100 Lawyers 2015